You are reading a single comment by @user52526 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Take a look at this conversation about Stepper Motor Spinning Slow.

Your second example of code is close to work... according to the motor's datasheet, it is a two phase 5-wire motor which needs two waves that overlap (that's why between every step with just one bit on there is an 'instable' half-step with 2 bits on)... just change your steps to

var steps = [0b0001,0b0011,0b0010,0b0110,0b0100,0b11­00,0b1000,0b1001];

and it will work... almost always... Almost because the loop can be too fast. In above mentioned conversation I go into some details where the limits come and may come from...

The first example code *is a lot of busy code for little thing to achieve* (which last but not least contributes to the slowness - see Espruino Performance)...

Therefore, take advantage of what Espruino comes with right out of box: Smart, concise way to talk to the GPIOs... ;-) - thanks @Gordon

Enjoy!

• I thought that was just one type of sequence... the Wave Drive, Normal Full Step, and the Half-Step Drive... will try this later, but could you explain what these step array elements are doing? Also, how am I able to reverse the direction of the motor? When I reverse the order of the pins in the code, it just jitters...

1 Attachment

• Screenshot 2015-03-06 at 4.53.13 PM.png
About

Avatar for user52526 @user52526 started