m25p16 spi flash

Posted on
  • Hi in Espruino file list i see this (code/extra/m25p16.c)https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/Espruino.files but in source there is no folder with "code" .... any information ...

Thanks
    Vishnu

• Hi Vishnu,

Yes, sorry - someone committed a QT creator project, and I guess it linked to some of their personal files.

I'm not sure if anyone has done a module for the m25p16... @DrAzzy?

• AT25 module might work for it, though it's from the next rung up from the basic EEPROMs I designed the module for - it looks like it uses similar instructions, though it's also got page erase commands. Try it - if it seems to work, also check that you can write over existing data and get the right results.

The AT25M01/M02/M04 and the clones thereof should work (and the AT25xxx ones with 512kbit and smaller definitely do), but that lineup stops before the 16mbit size.

• Hi DrAzzy,
    Using AT25 module i am able read the flash... but write() is not working.. i am working on that.. mean while if you got any thing about this please update...

Thanks & Regards
    Vishnu Kumar

• Yeah, it looks like the flash is somewhat more complicated to control.

• @Vishnu, since you can read from M25P16, could you read the status/protection information? What are the bits set for write protection? ...both the soft and the hard bits? M25P16 has - like many similar devices have - protection information to prevent accidental overwrites...

M25P16 has quite an elaborate way to protect against accidental overwrite and also ways to make things permanent - on-time-programmable OTP ROM / fuse/anti-fuse ROM. M25P16 has these features last but not least also because of the capacity: you need only one memory chip in the system to handle the permanent and the non-permanent/non-volatile needs.

• Hi Drazzy and allobjects,

as the same discussion is going on in FOTA (converstion ) . .. please move this one to [http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­261833/#comment12080855]

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

m25p16 spi flash

Posted by Avatar for Vishnu @Vishnu

Actions