Possible to install in XMC 2GO

Posted on
  • Hello,

First of al I'm a newbie :)

I have checked other boards page, I didn't see XMC 2GO board in listing. Probably my questions answer is NO, but I want to ask, is it possible to install espurino on this board? https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Boa­rd:-XMC2Go

• Nope. The chip doesn't even have enough flash/ram, beyond being a different version of ARM from a different manufacturer (which means the peripherals won't work the same nite how all the supported board use stm32 chip).

I highly recommend the official board, or if you can't swing that, one of the nucleo boards.

• @DrAzzy, thanks for your response.

Yes, Nucleo board is the cheapest that I can found in my Country, it is 14$. But I am going to buy more than 500 boards, that's why I'm looking for a cheap board. I need the cheapest soulution.

• Is this for something commercial? If so then you may find that the discovery/nucleo boards can't be used. The boards are sold basically at cost (if not at a loss) by ST and so the licence may forbid you from using them for anything other than prototyping.

There's also the question of support. If you've intentionally bought a whole bunch of cheap boards that you'll use Espruino on for free then I (and many others) won't be too motivated to help solve any problems you may have.

At 500 off I can come down quite a lot on the retail Espruino board price though. It won't be $14 but at least you'll get something that is properly tested and supported. You can drop me an email at gw@pur3.co.uk if you're interested.

• @Gordon Thanks for your response.

Currently I'm trying to develop a prototype a device. If every thing goes fine we will prepare our product for sales. I have currently STM32F4DISCOVERY developing on it. But looking for a device is cheaper.

I'm sorry I didn't know about licence restriction, I will check them. Also, please let me know if I will have restrictions about Espruino that I am missing.

I'm going to write you an e-mail about cooperate.

• Hi fobus, thanks. I'll reply to your e-mail in a bit.

Just to clear up (I was told about the Discovery boards a while ago and wanted to check for myself)...

On the Nucleo and Discovery board pages there's the Evaluation products license agreement which says the following right at the top:

STMicroelectronics (“ST”) grants You the right to use the enclosed Evaluation Board offering limited features only to evaluate and test ST
    products solely for Your evaluation and testing purposes in a research and development setting. The Evaluation Board shall not be, in any
    case, directly or indirectly assembled as a part in any production of Yours as it is solely developed to serve evaluation purposes and has no
    direct function and is not a finished product.

So anyone using an ST dev board for a commercial product is in breach of that clause.

The Espruino Board doesn't have any such restriction. It's CE marked as well!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Possible to install in XMC 2GO

Posted by Avatar for fobus @fobus

Actions