You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Well, it sort of does what you want already - although Chrome Web Apps impose some limitations (for safety) so it can't access arbitrary files.

The old way would have been for you to have put a webserver on your PC and simply typed the URL into require()... Hell, you could even use github as long as you gave the 'raw' URL.

But @JumJum's made the 'project' plugin. Go into Settings, and follow the tutorial. You can then put modules into the folder that you define and it should all work :)

There's also the command-line Espruino programmer for Node.js, but I don't know if that supports modules. I have plans to pull the guts out of the Web IDE into a library, and to make that available in a command-line app (possibly node-espruino).

• Well, it sort of does what you want already - although Chrome Web Apps impose some limitations (for safety) so it can't access arbitrary files.

... and a demon appeared before me, and it wore that unhallowed discus, a symbol of his Master's dominion over the realm. He held out his hand - or claw. He did not speak - I saw no mouth at all on his visage - but he placed a terrifying vision in my mind, of my future... I sat coding, coding for months on end, writing the same program over and over, like Sisyphus rolling a rock up a hill... I opened my eyes, and he stared back at me (or maybe into the prisim he wore in front of his eye), and presented his offer to me... that I need write code but once, and across the world, all could use it.... I was seduced by his visions, and signed my name to him in blood and code. Perhaps I should have thought harder - for that demon was Chrome, minion of Google, and he exacts a terrible price

(I was inspired... I think the chrome web app is right way to go, but there are some odd limits...)

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started