Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Mar 2014
  • 2 conversations
  • 8 comments

14-year-old developer.

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
    • 8 comments
  • in General

Okey-doke, I'll see what I can get setup and see if it reaches a reasonable size. I suppose at least, if it is too big, I'll have a nice clock :P

• in General

Yeah, come to think of it, that sure sounds easier than having to configure broadcasting manually :) Thanks for your help :D

• in General

Any recommendations on the best battery to use, bearing in mind my need for it to be very portable?

• in General

Update 2: Found an article on batteries. Hopefully I'm all setup to give it a go now :)

• in General

Update: I have found this article on a Nokia screen, which will likely prove very useful in the screen area, so I guess we can mark that as solved. :)

The only question that remains now is how long the Espruino's battery could power itself and the display for.

• in General

Hey there! I'm considering getting an Espruino to transmit to a remote control Dalek I own, to achieve world domination be able to control it with JavaScript.

Now, my technical knowledge is limited but a sticker on the back of the controller states "40MHz". I am presuming that this means that for me to be able to control it, I would need a 40MHz transmitter? If so, where could I obtain one of these, and how would/could I manipulate it from the Espruino?

Lastly, is there a sight where standards for remote control devices can be found? I suppose I would have to source information on the data the controller transmits on the frequency so I could replicate it with the transmitter.

Thank you for your patience and support in advance; I am very new to hardware, so any help is very much appreciated. :)

• in General

Hi-dee-hi! Firstly, thank you for the wonderful project and sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum (I didn't think this belonged in Projects as it is questions about one rather than anything finished).

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Espruino to create a small wrist-watch; with its battery capabilities, the screens available and the use of JavaScript, it seemed an ideal choice, but I am still a little unsure on how to approach it.

Where could I acquire a screen approximately the size of the Espruino and, furthermore, is the battery good enough to provide power to the Espruino and the screen for multiple hours at a time?

Thank you in advance for any input :)

EDIT: to expand, I am experienced with JavaScript but a novice with hardware. Additionally, the display needn't be anything fancy, just something like the display of an old Nokia would be fine if that's what would work best.

Actions