Ingmar_Guillaume

Member since May 2015 • Last active Aug 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 32 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

@profra, what do you mean "Too big"? To attach you mean? Just give the link, instead of the download as attachment. No?

• in General

I actually took Gordon's solution first because I didn't want to solder wires to the pins. And although it took some tweaking and slowing down comms to a strolling pace, it works. I now have AT25 on both "shimmed" ESP01's without having to desolder them. Which was the goal. But I am sure that your solution wouldn't have required the "tweaking".

• in General

I actually had two types of problems:

one was where the ESPTool would report an "Invalid header". The solution of adjusting the ESP_XXX_Blocks I found on the net, although I can't seem to be able to find the link anymore

The second one was where the ESPTool would just stop, probably waiting for eternity for the serial to come back.

• in General

OK, used the 1.79.210. Had to change some values in the ESPtool.py (if not, it led to an Invalid header somewhere in the flash process.) I also adjusted the baudrate.

These are the values that worked:
    Baud set to 19200
    In ESPTool.py, make the following changes:

# Maximum block size for RAM and Flash writes, respectively.
    ESP_RAM_BLOCK   = 0xc0
    ESP_FLASH_BLOCK = 0x20

Higher values on any of the two variables, led to errors in the flashing.

• in General

Lol, the 1.79 build was what I was using. It stops randomly flashing the ESP01. Trying with the Git build now.

• in General

OK, at first I was a bit lost. I thought you meant flashing through the USB port of the pico, but in fact you are using 3 serial ports: One to the ESP-01 (on the first UART on pico), one to the PC with an extra USB to serial on the second UART, and one to the pc through the pico USB to serial. I'll try this tomorrow.

• in General

Any chance someone writes a flash program that runs on the espruino pico directly? (as a USB Serial to ESP8266, I mean). My ESP-01's are on the shims, and desoldering is not really the best option.

• in General

Solution:

1. Put a cap on the shim; I used a 10uF tantalum. (Thx DrAzzy)
    2. Note that JS runs asynchronous and thus executes the "next" wifi command before the previous one has been completed. Avoid or nest timeouts. (Thx Gordon)
  • in General

I only submitted a portion of the code. It does contain the reset. It's totally repeatable.

But due to this "discovery" I think I (finally) understand what is happening. As you/DrAzzy/I mentioned, I have to nest the calls within one another if I call commands sequentially.

As a non-JS programmer I am not used to the asynchronous execution of code. The problem probably lies in there.

Actions