Vicary

Member since Dec 2014 • Last active May 2022
  • 2 conversations
  • 5 comments

Javascript enthusiast, builds web systems and love hacking hobby projects.

Most recent activity

• 2 comments
  • in General

@thomc Sorry was not checking in lately, thanks for the reply and info in depth.

Sadly Pi wouldn't boot without a proper boot partition from SD slot. File systems are already mounting to a NAS via NFS, guess I am stuck at the boot stage.

• in General

I have a few hard drive motors lying around. I am thinking of wiring the 4 pins directly to Espruino pins without a driver board, but I wonder if the chip is fast enough to get the motor running at max speed of 7200RPM.

Not sure how to calculate the pin changing rate from chip spec, any ideas?

• in General

My idea is to use Espruino as a simulator by wiring the pins into the SD card slot, and have the Espruino pretends itself as an SD card. Just like how the HID code pretending to be an input device.

I know the internal storage of Espruino is very limited, it might very well end up to be piping data from another storage. I don't know yet.

Just imagining the possibility of interfacing with one or more "card slots".

• in General

Some of you might be already playing with Raspberry Pis, like, a lot of them.

I have been done so many flashes at one point that I just want something to simulate that interface from a device.

Do you think it is possible to do that with an Espruino?

Actions