user157626

Member since Mar 2024 • Last active Apr 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thank you so much! Fast load! That's the term! Awesome. I really appreciate the guidance and the resources. I hope I can offer something interesting to the community with time. :)

• in Bangle.js

Hi, to begin with I should say that I am entirely new to all of this. I have never written code before, so please bear with me if some of my questions are self-evident to someone with any experience here. Right now I'm learning by examining the apps other people have written and figuring out how to implement the features I'd like on my own clock app while cross-referencing the Bangle.js 2 software reference document as well as broader JavaScript reference documents so I can form a better understanding of why things are used and when to use them appropriately.

So the primary question on the tip of my tongue at the moment is exactly how important is it to a) create a scope in which all of my code sits so it can be unloaded correctly when I enter the launcher, b) avoid using 'const', and c) define functions via let, so that nothing is global and therefore (from what I'm understanding) still held in memory even when not in the clock app? Is this a remnant from the Bangle.js and its comparative lack of memory? I've noticed that while some apps like Anton Clock do this, many others don't. Even if so, is this still a practice that I should follow? As I'm learning from scratch I'd like to keep things somewhat clean and efficient.

I think for most other things I'm a little clueless on I can find my way via trial and error, and this might be important in developing my skills, but I'd also like to be able to continue to ask questions here should I hit a stumbling block if that's okay! Thank you! I'm also sorry if my jargon isn't up to snuff.

Also worth noting: I'm so happy to have discovered this project. Having a tangible output for basic code beyond the equivalent of a console printing "Hello world!" is vital to my sustained ability to continue learning without burning out. It's very rewarding to see incremental changes to a watch face that I'll be able to wear. The IDE and emulator also makes this so much easier to navigate via trial and error.

Actions