Member since Feb 2024 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 9 comments
  • in Bangle.js

why not bangle 2?

• in General

I notice the buzzing most of the time... its when I'm really focused on something, usually physical in nature, and I miss it. Overall though, its working well and doing what I need it to. I would like to change the colors of the clock I'm using though. But Ill probably need to just make my own to get it perfect.

Uhm by the way, I notice it says not to swim with it, but I've been doing so without issue. Wondering if I should knock that off or since its still going strong then nothing to worry about. Usually only for about 15 minutes at a time.

Anything in the works for a bangle 3? I noticed theres some micro controllers on the shop and curious what direction things are going.

• in General

Awesome! Thanks for reply. Yes there is black tape on there. Good to hear everything with mine is working as it should. I'm going to check out those links you gave. I think I saw something about serial connection somewhere as well?

Do you know if I can make the watch beep? Is it possible to install a speaker or something inside? I don't always notice the buzz. Or can I pair it with a bluetooth headset? And hear the beeps through there?

• in General

Gordon, thank you for your reply.

When it first arrived, it only booted to a screen that said Bangle.js with a logo looking like a bangle.js 1, and it said copyright G Williams. It would never leave that screen no matter how I booted or how many times I booted, or how long I left it there on that screen. I only got a welcome screen after factory resetting the device, which was odd for me since it was brand new ordered from the espruino site, with all the packaging intact. It looked like the pictures posted here: https://forum.espruino.com/conversationsĀ­/378516/

The charger magentic is going in correctly, it simply has a very weak pull, almost not anything actually. It is extremely sensitive trying to get it to charge. Like I said, the magnetic pull is very weak, almost none at all. Compared to a shocks opencomm headset charger which I'm use to, where the magnetic connection is solid. The banglejs2 charger is so weak that unless I prop the phone up and align the charger just perfectly, it won't engage. It may try but it will continue to vibrate back and forth "charge", "not charging", "charging", "not charging", etc. EDIT: Upon inspecting the connection points, they were either nearly covered with paint, or corrosion. After scrapping them clean, the charger stays connected MUCH better. Again, very odd for a new device one would think.

As for bluetooth, I was unable to get it to pair with either windows or linux. Keep in mind this was attempting to pair via windows bluetooth area, or on linux using bluetoothctl. I did however get it to pair using chrome on windows, via the browser. I loaded a few apps this way. But I was hoping I could connect to it directly , not using a browser to do so, especially since I want to develop my own apps.

• in General

Hello, having a tricky time with new Bangle2
    First off watch wouldn't boot up when I received it, had to factory reset it first.

The charger port doesn't have a very strong connection, the magentic thing.

But my issue is I cannot get it to show up in bluetooth on any PC. I'm trying to get it to connect so I can install apps.

Sometimes it appears randomly for a second or two then drops.

I cant find any instructions on this either.

Any help appreciated.

Actions