Eccomi

Member since Jun 2023 • Last active May 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Sorry for necroing this post, but I did not want to start a new thread, given this is also my issue.
    Specifically the repeated warning of the battery being low, when I am not at home to charge my watch I have to disable bluetooth or turn the watch off because otherwise I will throw it against a wall. I have not yet found a way to just turn the warning off, or set it so it only warns me once. I love this watch so much but this specific issue is driving me up a wall.

• in Bangle.js

When speaking about Lithium ion batteries (and most others except lead acid probably) that is true. They are most comfortable between 20-80% of charge. A full charge can usually not even be reached by you because manufacturers of the devices makes sure that when the percentage reads 100% its not actually 100% internally (that could be a myth too, after all apple has a feature where they charge your iPhone up to 80% during the night and then to 100% shortly before your alarm rings in the morning to avoid having it at 100% charge for too long). I don't know of that is the case with the bangle, so it might be a good idea to unplug it at around 80%.

I don't know enough about the science behind it to explain it, but AFAIK the duration doesn't matter either. Fully charging or flattening it in both cases isn't ideal for LiIon batteries and should be avoided.

• in Bangle.js

Hey,
    Despite owning a new one this concerns me as well since I would like to be able to replace the battery eventually if this happens to me.

I don't know if you already saw the disassembly video of the watch, it is pretty straight forward. However it doesn't look like the battery is anything close to plug and play and might require some soldering skills to replace. In this picture you can see on the top right where I assume the leads of the battery to solder into. So if you are comfortable with a soldering iron this might be the way to go, assuming you can find a suitable replacement battery.

I would say it is reasonable, but I have not found a guide to replace the battery yet, might be a chance to create one.

All that being said, this is what I found and how I would go about it (disassemble, desolder, resolder new battery, reassemble, hopefully be happy) but I have no personal experience so take my take with a grain of salt.

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thank you very much. I wonder how I did not find this. I was looking trough the documentation and everything I was able to find for at least a week, and even went as far as to ask bing chat and nothing came up.

Really my fault for not looking at thingiverse though, I was only searching trough printables, and after looking back at it I noticed their search algorithm is kinda not that good because banglejs2 yields results while bangle js 2 does not... I could've saved myself so much work...

• in Bangle.js

hey all.
    i hope this is the right place to ask, i would like to know if anyone has a 3D model of the js 2 as i am interested in designing a 3D printable charging dock for it.

Reason being that the magnetic strength of the cable is suboptimal, leading to me reorienting and flipping it around a bunch until it decides to attach properly. i want to solve this by making a "cup" that you can clamp the cable into and just plop the bangle on top of to make sure it charges properly, ideally with a slot for the thumb button to ensure the correct orientation.

Any help would be appreciated!

Actions