user149803

Member since Oct 2022 • Last active Mar 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

When will Christine get in touch with me ?

• in Bangle.js

I used the watch a lot until it would not connect, then I just used it for the time (which lost a minute, then two, then three over several months), until I misplaced it.

I have factory reset. The apps page allows me to connect, but disconnects when I try to upload the firmware update (I'm at v 12 I think) and/or the bootloader update (bootloader unknown).

I've been unsuccessful in using the two Android nrf apps to upload the firmware upgrade. Both disconnect me before the firmware file can be uploaded. nrfConnect starts uploading but stays at 0%, while the app toggles between connected and disconnected, finally going back to the "Devices > Generic Access" etc. screen and "Disconnected".

I now cannot reboot the watch. It is stuck on the display "SW Reset > DFU 2V12 > CHECK STORAGE > NO NEW FM > BANKD INVALID > BTN1 = REBOOT"

• in Bangle.js

I don't remember the first connection on HRF Connect; now it is connected to bangle.js.e2bc.

Two of my three Android devices (but not the tablet) show the watch as an available bluetooth device, but ask for a pairing code when I try to connect on the apps page - and now also when I try to connect on GadgetBridge. Rebooting and turning bluetooth off and on again make no difference.

• in Bangle.js

The watch worked great until a few months ago. Since then, it would connect to GadgetBridge but not the apps page. Often, I would notice that the time was wrong, but this would be corrected after the watch automatically connected with one of the two Android phones I carry on walks. Since the watch was misplaced and totally discharged, after I found it again a week ago, it now displays Jan. 6.

Using the HRF Connect app on Android, it shows "Connected Not Bonded". The first time I used the app, it disconnected after a few seconds. Now, it stays connected. The bluetooth icon is now a darker shade. I disconnect and it still says "Device Connection Failed" on the apps page.

• in Bangle.js

"Make Connectable" on press shows "Bangle.js e2bc - Stay Connctable - Yes". I have to long press to return to the default watch face.

Insofar as I can distinguish between these alternatives, the bluetooth icon appears to be a faint grey.

• in Bangle.js

The double press works - I had thought a single long press had worked previously. I have set HID off, BLE and Programmable set to on, but still am unable to connect. The default watch face does not display the correct time. The battery had died because I had displaced the watch, and after charging, the display started at 12 am or pm with date Dec. 31, and has been proceeding in the same timeframe ever since.

• in Bangle.js

I am unable to connect to download the new firmware. The watch is paired only with an old tablet running Ubuntu Touch. It will not allow me to “forget” the watch pairing. It is not feasible to follow the “Quick Start (Bluetooth LE” instructions on this touchscreen tablet.

Following the same instructions on a Linux laptop running OpenSuse and Chrome yields the same “Device Connection Failed” that I get with Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

I am unable to access the menu screen to check settings, no matter how many times I reboot the watch. It just keeps showing the default watch face.

Actions