user147320

Member since Jul 2022 • Last active Feb 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 13 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Ah gotcha.
    If its only checking if it is "near anything" it always recognizes either my wristband or the plastic stand. With my wristband its hard to put it down without the sensor coming close to anything.
    Thanks for the clarification!

• in Bangle.js

That might not be necessary. So far I did not observe any more wake ups.
    So it might very well be the combination of the accelerometer-bug and a weird behavior in lightswitch (0.09) which ignores my settings.

I would observe it for a few more days before calling this fixed, but there's hope that's it.

@Ganblejs

However, I do use Light switch widget to unlock on tap (right tap side).

Thanks for the hint, I would never have thought about blaming this widget.

• in Bangle.js

The HRM seems to stop if I take the watch off and lay it on my desk, so I have it on my wrist but I'm holding extremely still.

This is new to me. Is this expected?
    It would make sense, but i can observe the green flashing just fine when i take my watch of.

• in Bangle.js

However, I do use Light switch widget to unlock on tap (right tap side).

I too use that widget, but I do not have the setting turned on, tapping the corner did not wake up the screen.
    I just uninstalled it anyway. So far (a few minutes) it did not wake up. I will report back after observing it longer.
    @ccchan Do you use this widget?

Maybe you could try Settings -> Utils -> Rewrite settings just in case there's some issue with them taking effect?

I tried it and it did not fix it. Still good to know that this exists!

If you're connected with the IDE you could paste setWatch(print, BTN, {repeat:true})

Even if I actively wake it up with the button this command does not tell me about it.
    It seems to only work if the device is already awake.

And btw a huge thanks for the great support!

• in Bangle.js

@user147320 thanks for that dump! That's an odd one - as you say it
    looks like the wake sources are set up fine. Maybe you could try
    Settings -> Utils -> Rewrite settings just in case there's some issue
    with them taking effect?

If you're connected with the IDE you could paste setWatch(print, BTN,
    {repeat:true}) on the left-hand side which would tell you when the
    Bangle thought a button was being pressed, in case that was waking it
    up...

I wont have time for this today but I will try this soon.

With 2v19.53 it got definitely better. With Recorder running it wakes up about every other minute and with only the Health App I so far did not notice it waking up.
    Edit: It does wake up without recorder but rarely.

I notice you do have gbridge installed which is something that's not recommended, so you could try disabling that...

I installed it because Gadgetbridge kept asking me to do so (no idea why), but I already unistalled it since.

• in Bangle.js

Sure thing, good idea!

> console.log(Bangle.getOptions()) 
    { "hrmPollInterval": 40, "hrmSportMode": -1, "hrmGreenAdjust": true, "hrmWearDetect": true,  
        "hrmPushEnv": false, "seaLevelPressure": 1013.25,
        "gestureStartThresh": 640000, "gestureEndThresh": 4000000,
        "gestureInactiveCount": 4,   "gestureMinLength": 10,
        "stepCounterThresholdLow": 536888040, "stepCounterThresholdHigh":
        537068368, "twistThreshold": 4096, "twistTimeout": 1000,  
        "twistMaxY": -800, "wakeOnBTN1": true, "wakeOnBTN2": true,
        "wakeOnBTN3": true, "wakeOnFaceUp": false,   "wakeOnTouch": false,
        "wakeOnTwist": false, "powerSave": true, "lockTimeout": 10000,
        "lcdPowerTimeout": 0,   "backlightTimeout": 10000, "btnLoadTimeout":
        1500, "touchX1": 0, "touchY1": 0, "touchX2": 160,   "touchY2": 160 }
        =undefined

How are you trying to update? Phone or computer? Official app loader, development app loader or personal app loader fork?

I used the official App-Loader and Android (Gadgetbridge and Chrome).
    Now I tried it with Linux and it worked.

With Version 2v19.53 it still wakes up randomly, although I am not sure of the connection with HR-Measurement anymore. I need more time to observe this again after the update to tell.

• in Bangle.js

@user147320 but you're sure that Wake on Touch is off in your case? In that LCD menu, literally the only Wake on XXX menu item that is checked is Wake on BTN1?

Unfortunaly yes, only wake on BTN is enabled :(
    I will try the cutting edge-build later anyway to see if this changes anything.
    Edit: Uploading the cutting Edge-Firmware hangs at about 20-30%, so i don't know if this would help

• in Bangle.js

You mean the option in the LCD menu next to wake on BTN, right?

No, I do not have wake on touch enabled.
    I tried to enable it and disable it again, but it did not help. Also touching the display does not wake it up.

I also noticed that it wakes up a few seconds after HR Measurement started.
    When it measures for a minute it wakes up 2-3 times during that and than not until the next measurement.

• in Bangle.js

I setup my Bangle.js 2 to only unlock when the button is pressed (not for turning my arm or touching the display or anything).
    Despite that the display keeps turning on (and unlocking) regularly (multiple times a minute to every few minutes).
    I suspect that it turns on every time it tries to read my heartrate, since if I ask health to measure every 3 minutes it occurs every 3 minutes and if i use recorder to measure more often it turns on multiple times a minute. But I am not certain, if this is really the reason.
    It is pretty annoying.
    Is this expected behaviour? Did I mess up some setting (I looked everywhere but could not find anything related)? Any ideas would be appreciated. I love the locked, unlit display and would like to use it more often.

Firmware: 2v19
    Apps installed:
    openstmap (0.25), widid (0.03), antonclk (0.11), wid_a_battery_widget (0.04), bthrm (0.17), widlock (0.08), agpsdata (0.06), widmessages (0.05), messageicons (0.05), widbt (0.09), lightswitch (0.09), android (0.32), iconlaunch (0.19), messagegui (0.74), notify (0.13), messages (0.62), boot (0.59), antonclkplus (0.10), locale (0.17), gbridge (0.27), hrm (0.11), health (0.27), recorder (0.32), setting (0.65)

Actions