d3nd3-o0

Member since Jun 2020 • Last active Apr 2024
  • 45 conversations
  • 279 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Programming/testing other Bluetooth devices using things like the 'Espruino Programmer' device

Can you elaborate what this is?

• in Bangle.js

Reinstall bootloader from appstore, it uses .boot0 file.

Now make your app use .boot1 instead of .boot0

The info file is only for making a normal app that is listed by the app loader app. You might need your app as a clock, and also as a .boot1 file. An app being a clock just means that it is loaded by the bootloader(.boot0 AND .bootcde) App, by default.

Depending on how your device is reset/loaded, it won't always execute the .bootcde which is the clockLoader. But sometime it will. That is why I suggest a .boot1 and a normal app clock which are identical code. This could be a workaround for you. Ofc there can be other ways to solve this too.

But this method might cause your code to load twice, in the normal case. So we have to think about it a bit more. Probably you would delete the file : .bootcde if you are relying on .boot1 file as a clock loader instead.

EDIT: I just realized there is a .bootrst file that overrides .bootcde behaviour, AND runs upon reset too. So instead of deleting .bootcde, and instead of writing to .boot1, you could try writing to .bootrst. Then when you want to revert back to normal behaviour , delete the .bootrst file. Now the Bootloader app's .boot0 will load and then .bootrst (Your App) will load.

Conslusion: Write your app to .bootrst, the bootloader app(.boot0) should not try to load a clock now. Bear in mind as above has said, all this tinkering can be risky for bricking the device (If you lose access to DFU screen). If you do still have access to DFU screen, you should be fine.

• in Bangle.js

Have you thought about increasing the duration required to enter the bootloader? Are they going to be likely to hold the button for 10 seconds eg.?

• in JavaScript

I did try that recursion, I couldn't seem to get much results.

• in JavaScript

I noticed that the auto-completion tab in IDE is able to output more fields than a call to eg.:
    Object.getOwnPropertyNames(Bangle)
    Object.getOwnPropertyNames(Bangle.__prot­o__)

Specifically, some object-like fields:
    Bangle.on
    Bangle.removeListener etc

Similarly for a Promise object, I do not see the .then function as child object. How can I get full listing via javascript?

The auto-complete is able to show all of these fields from a promise instance:

>p.
    constructor         apply
    bind                call
    replaceWith         catch
    then                clone
    emit                hasOwnProperty
    length              on
    removeAllListeners  removeListener
    toString            valueOf

How do I get these items into a javascript list?

• in Bangle.js

Great news, I'm really happy for you and that our efforts paid off. Hopefully this will help many other Bangle.js GrapheneOS users.

Good job.

• in Bangle.js

Seems like there is a permission setting you might have missed? On normal android, background running options are under battery category. Unfortunately I do not know graphene well enough.

Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Battery optimization >

• in Bangle.js

https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge/issues/3439

This thread mentions using, the debug page in GadgetBridge menu, after Debug, scroll down, press orange button "Add test device manually", Choose bangle.js and enter correct MAC address.

• in Bangle.js

Nope, just grabbing as much from web as I can. Check that codeberg.org link, the bugs are quite recent. You might not be alone

Actions