walterl

Member since Jan 2022 • Last active Feb 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I've tried it a couple of times, and still no response whatsoever.

• in Bangle.js

It's been in the mid to high 20s here recently, but I'll leave it out in the sunlight for a while and try again. Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

Hi Gordon,

Have you tried cleaning them in any way?

As you can see from the attached photo, the outer charging contacts don't look dirty at all, but I did wipe it with a dry cloth just in case. No change.

• in Bangle.js

Looks like the same as the Bangle.js 2 can't charge? issue.

• in Bangle.js

Hi there!

I bought a 2-pack of Bangle.JS 2's via the Kickstarter campaign, one of which is totally fine.

The other one lost its charge fairly quickly - within about 3 to 4 days - which I thought might be due to the Pebble Clock it used, but had similar battery drainage with Anton Clock.

That was up until a few days ago, when, after running flat, it no longer charges at all. It just stays off when connecting a charger. Even when leaving it connected for a few hours. The charger works fine with the other device.

When charging via my Linux laptop, I can see system log messages about an unidentified USB device when connecting the working device, but nothing when connecting the other one.

This device was affected by the contact corrosion issue too. Covering the middle 2 contacts when charging doesn't change anything.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify the issue that keeps the battery dead and prevents charging. Are there any diagnostic tests I can do or steps I could take to get it charging again?

Thanks in advance!

Actions