azrobbo

Member since Jun 2014 • Last active Mar 2015
  • 1 conversations
  • 25 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

Congrats on your inbound boards.

This shouldn't be too hard to solder. I'd suggest you read up on 'drag soldering', and test it out a few times before trying it with your 'production' components.

There's an article here: http://www.howardelectronics.com/jbc/dra­gsoldering.html

Edited: Removed link to the first video I posted as this one is much better

SMT soldering video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9FC9fAlf­QE

• in Interfacing

@d0773d Awesome! Thanks for posting the update, and sharing the great news. I'm glad that someone at eevblog was able to help you out. That forum is becoming more and more useful, specifically for electronics & design related discussions.

Let us know how the boards look when they come in, and post a pic if you get a chance.

Cheers.

• in General

I can answer your question regarding the meaning of the 3.3v label on the reference diagram.

The pins labeled "3.3v" are only tolerant of 3.3v input voltage. Whereas, the pins without the "3.3v" label are tolerant of up to 5v input voltage. The data sheet has a pinout table on p 30-35, where this can be verified.

I do not believe the output voltage is any different on those pins, but I'll defer that to Gordon.

• in General

I'm glad you found a process that works for you @user7114 - (wow that username feels very dystopian )

Windows does have a default setting that hides file extensions by default, as @Gordon mentioned. This may be what's causing the difference in what you're seeing.

This is one of the first options that I change when using a computer, so I didn't even think of it.

The setting is buried in Windows 8, but I'll try to describe where its at if you want to see how your computer is set and/or change it.

• Open control panel,
    • If view-by is set to categories, change it to large icons
    • Within control panel, select the Folder Options icon
    • Within the Folder Options dialog box, choose the 2nd tab titled view
    • go to the bottom section labeled Advanced settings
    • UNCHECK the option entitled Hide extensions for known file types
    • click apply then ok (or just ok) to close the dialog box

You should now see the file extensions of all of the files when viewing a directory on your computer. (The extensions were always there, Windows was just being helpful and hiding them for you.)

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

• in General

I'm on Windows 8.1, Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m, and just pulled the latest Web IDE from Github (which now shows 0.45)

The file-save dialog defaults the filename to code.js

• in General

My mistake, i just re-read your questions/comments and you are correct. I apologize, as I didn't even notice the drop-down thing, as I was just happy that the save-as box popped up at all.

Yes, the IDE number on the Dev/github version IS the same as the release version. But, i'm not sure if release has been updated or not.

And Yes, the 'save as type' drop-down is fixed as 'all files', but the default filename should end in .js (at least)

Sorry & sorry that I couldn't help ya.

• in General

my comment was based on the dev IDE from github, as he linked above. i'm not sure is the 'fix' got rolled into the Chrome Web store and/or if the changes have been approved by Google yet.

If you really need the update, you can always install the dev version.

• in General

@Gordon Excellent, as always. Thank you.

• in General

Is the 1v65 WIZnet bin posted anywhere?

I'm using @DrAzzy build from the 32-bit Int Switch thread, but I'm unsure if that's the same as the official 1v65. http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­1555/

Also - will the WIZnet module always require a separate build, or can this be rolled in at some point?

Actions