Numerist

Member since Jan 2021 • Last active Feb 2024
  • 9 conversations
  • 235 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I have solved the problem by re-establishing a Bluetooth connection (not obvious to me). Although I see no way to delete this conversation, consider it deleted.

As they say, "Thanks for reading."

• in Bangle.js

With an older Apple computer, Bluetooth connection was no problem. The watch showed up and I could pair with it. Now trying to connect the watch to a new Macintosh M3, I get "Connected to Web Serial, webserial:0 (No response from board)," then "Prompt not detected - upload failed. Trying to recover..," which doesn't do anything. So I can't upload anything into the watch, it seems.

The Bangle troubleshooting page is incomprehensible to me. Suggestions how to reconnect would be appreciated.

• in Bangle.js

A screen going blank doesn't necessarily signify a low or 0% battery. What happens if you press and hold the physical button?

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon If you ever need characters to test or to "hard code," let me know. I can discuss the essential characters in all the European languages, including those in Cyrillic, although I'm guessing that would be going a bit beyond.

• in Bangle.js

If your watch gains or loses time noticeably, I suggest installing the widget Adjust Clock by @malaire, which enables accurate timekeeping. Use of that would change Alessandro's statement slightly.

• in Bangle.js

Text-based media may give odd results, including unwanted, undeserved remarks. @Gordon has enabled me to do things I've only dreamed of and deserves high credit and plaudits for his hard work and devotion, not to mention knowledge and skill.

That is unchangeable even if another boon would be easier workings with Apple's mobile phones. Apple doesn't make it easy, I know. Still, perhaps some day, even with Bangle 2.

• in Projects

Now with optional calendar date in two formats. Ordinal is shown, with dithered blue. (The colour #00f is too dark.) So as not to interfere with the time, the date appears briefly or not at all.

• in Bangle.js

I've had a watch face in the app loader for a few years which may have no other user, and I'm about to produce a variant. Although Gordon may have a different answer, those interested in the topic the watches are allied to may be pleased to find them there.

In other words, it's research, and there seems to me no better place for the results.

Actions