user115873

Member since Jul 2020 • Last active Aug 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 10 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

@DanTheMan827 I'm glad you got this sorted out, I meant to ping you that I got it working with this code though I'm sure it's a bit of a mess... :)

Sure thing! @DanTheMan827 and I are actually working towards the same (or at least substantially similar) goals.

The root of my project is this thing I'm calling the AmiiBuddy, which I have a short demo of here.

I have all of the basics working with a rewritable magic NTag215 card, but the idea of being able to have the device communicate the nfc info over a longer distance seems too great to not at least explore. :)

Swapping out for another FT232R did the trick! YAY! Thanks everyone.

At least on the FT232R's I have, D28 goes to RX, and D29 goes to TX.

Well, if I weren't planning on trying to do some bluetooth stuff, that would be viable, however I have an aversion to "debugging via rumor", so getting bluetooth connectivity working without active terminal looks pretty dark... :)

That's a good point about the "context" of TX/RX -- it's all relative.

Well, I got a little closer messing with it last night...

First off -- this has all been with the battery removed. I was like "Oh? I can test this without spending battery at all? Yes please." :D

Now... what I got working was: I could receive data in the puck FROM the terminal.

I could not, however, get output from the puck to show up on the terminal. At all.

I assumed maybe I had a bad soldering job or something, but when I flipped the TX/RX pin connections and in the .setup() call... I could receive terminal input!

So... both of the connections seem solid.

Then I noticed on the FT232R, it's got TX and RX lights that fire up when data transmits over the respective channel.

Nothing I did could get the lights to blink when sending output to the console. Serial1.print(), Serial1.println()... none of it seemed to trigger actual outgoing data.

I believe I tested swaping the TX/RX pins as well.

Tonight I'll grab a different FT232R and do some more testing.

I'm using the defaults when I pick the device in Serial2, I think it's something like 9600,8,N,1 ? I can check tonight to be sure, but I know I was using at least 9600 baud, 8 bits, and no parity.

I'll have to try the first script set you gave me later tonight as well, but I did try Serial1.println("blah") and got nothing.

Shouldn't

Serial1.setup(9600,{rx:D29,tx:D28});

be

Serial1.setup(9600,{rx:D28,tx:D29});

?

Yeah, this made me wonder..

Firstly, I am doing this all without a battery in.

So then I plug it all in to the USB-TTL (as described above), and then plug the USB-TTL in to the computer.

When that didn't work, I tried pulling the connection for 3V and plugging it back in.

That didn't work.

I tried similar with GND, and that didn't work either.

GND is connected to GND...

I'm using this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XF2­SLQ1.

TTL's pins are: DTR, RX, TX, VSS, CTS, GND

Puck -> FT232R connections are:
    V3 -> VCC (set at V3.3 and not V5)
    GND -> GND
    D28 -> RX
    D29 -> TX

(edit: changed pin TS to CTS -- misread it)

Actions