dapgo

Member since Jun 2020 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 14 conversations
  • 103 comments

learning

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

The dual HR (BLE+ANT+) from decathlon also perfectly works fine.

I assume that generic BLE HR sensor should work fine.

• in Bangle.js

I've just done this and you should be able to try it out in the dev app loader at >https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/?i­d=bthrmlite

thanks

I imagine there are bugfixes and other stuff that aren't in it though. It works for me, but it >may not function on your heart rate monitor I guess

It worked perfectly with my BLE heart rate sensor, I dunno what would happen having additional sensors close and active. I can investigate further and try to improve a bit

• in Bangle.js

The BTHRM widgets should be blue/dark blue for the "BT HR" recorder, green/dark green >for the "HR int" internal recorder and no other colors should be possible. The normal >"HRM" recorder (icon should be red) is enough if you set BTHRM to replace the HRM event.

U 're right, and everything was fine before. I've just realized that the README refers to the "HR recorder" and I was referring to the HRM Widget(widhrt)

Another possibility would be a low memory mode hard coding a lot more of the connection >steps without the custom logic for handling many of the errors and parsing of additional >data like battery and HRV data.

I was wishful thinking about an alternative solution to settings on the watch and its higher use of variables.

I mean adding the possibility of configuring an app from the app loader page, so the users chose parameters and then before upload there is a realtime modification of the app code and
    values are hardcoded on the javascript.

• in Bangle.js

I want to use an external BLE HR sensor with the old bangle.js1 and during the process I am getting following impressions and doubts.

Firstly, I install "Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor" and the feedback is

• Too high usage of memory for a bangle.js1, it remove almost everything to free enough memory, and even after that sometimes i got the "New interpreter error: CALLBACK,MEMORY"
    • Setting: Modes
      • I miss a mode ONLY/exclusive for external sensor active or not (I assume that currently this option can be set with custom mode)

about the README:
    For the "Custom" mode, options are not explained and it would be useful, specially for non native english speakers

About Memory/performance:
    It seems that "Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor" and its setting are using almost the complete bangle.js RAM.
    What about the slow SPI flash?
    Is it possible to reduce the usage of the limited and precious RAM without changing code?

I assume that a change of code that replaces vars by static values would reduce significantly the RAM usage, right?

• in Bangle.js

(updated)

My below issue was caused by a missing preference inside GB, and specifically a checkbox in the bangle.js connection (Auto reconnect to device)

Time ago my bangle.js1+GB connection were very stable and lasted for many hours.
    However at certain moment, GB connection began too fail after short periods, I didn't say anything as i though that a newer version will correct.

After a while i decided to check the phone configuration, and then I granted permissions and i added GB to the exclusion list on saving battery. But it is still getting disconnected after after short periods.

• in Bangle.js

I like the idea, it is simple but effective.
    Just a preset/custom list of answers so, the sender is aware that you have read it and agree or not.

• 12 comments
  • in Bangle.js

But as I said it doesn't work in the Bangle.js 2 emulator

It has sense that low level code is common and applies also to layout. ;)

On the other hand, I was trying to use at sametime "Layout" (for physical and on screen buttons) and "setUI" (for "back" icon+call, swipe and touch events)

But I've realized that "layout.render()" removes the SetUI settings. Whereas "setUI()" removes the code associated to "layout btns"

am i doing something wrong ?
    Is the expected behaviour being exclusive between them?

• in Bangle.js

The layout library is powerful but it is not a solution to have a long press touch event on (bangle.js2)

Executing below code you can see that "long press" is only detected on Bangle.js1

var v_model=process.env.BOARD;
    var Layout = require("Layout");
    if (v_model=='BANGLEJS'||v_model=='EMSCRIPT­EN')  v_font="6x8:2";    
     else v_font="6x8";

var layout = new Layout( {
        //v vertical
          type:"v", c: [
            {type:"txt", font:v_font, label:".", id:"label", valign:-1, halign:-1 }
          ]
        },  {btns:[
        {label:"File", cb: l=>print("log: btn1"),  cbl: l=>{print("log: long press btn1"); },font:v_font, col:"#f00"},
        {label:"Launch", cb: l=>print("log: btn2"),font:v_font, col:"#f00"},
        {label:"Color", cb: l=>print("log: btn3"),font:v_font, col:"#f00"}
      ], lazy:true});

layout.render();

Is it is the expected behaviour?
    If yes, is the only alternative digitalPulse?

I am aware of @enaon using "longpress" on his eucwatch and I see that it is through digitalPulse?

Actions