user105886

Member since Nov 2019 • Last active Dec 2019
  • 3 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP8266

So I did something similar to what you are suggesting and it works too for anyone looking for a solution: I created a Python script to collect and clean the data from the leapmotion websocket on my local machine. Then I hosted a websocket from my esp8266 and sent the information to that websocket through my computer.

• in ESP8266

I am not able to see a call that I can make that will either allow me to enter the username and password to join the university wifi or be able to write in the username and password for the wifi network I want to join...can you point me towards a certain method on the reference wifi link or the other link you have included? Thanks for the help

For example- I want to join a network named Univ-Secure. Usually if i was doing this on my computer, I would click on the network on my computer and then be prompted to enter in my university username and password. I would like to write and upload a program to my esp that would be able to join this type of network

• in ESP8266

how do you join a wifi network using the esp8266 that requires a another layer of username and password[say university wifi] when you want to join it?

• in ESP8266

I'm trying to start a websocket server through the ESP8266 but keep receiving an error saying that Constructor should be a function and not undefined. This is my code after connecting the ESP to wifi. What is going wrong here? I have node and ws installed through terminal.

var WebSocketServer = require('ws').Server,
    wss = new WebSocketServer({port:8080});

wss.on('connection', function (wss) {
    wss.on('message', function (message) {

console.log('received: %s', message);

});

setInterval(

() => ws.send(`${new Date()}`),

);
    });

• in ESP8266

I tried doing an echo test through websocket.org and received an error saying undefined. So, it looks like the server isn't accessible to other devices. Is there a way that I can use my own computer to send information from the leap server to an external server that is accessible to the ESP? I don't have much experience with web development and javascript in general. Or are there any other workarounds that you can recommend?

• in ESP8266

No I am trying to use the ESP8266 to access the websocket while the Leap Motion is connected to my computer.

I switched out the 127.0.0.1 address to the Ip address of my own computer and the same port, but no change :(. Do you have any other advice on other things I can try?

• in ESP8266

I just tried switching out the host: 127.0.0.1 to host: IP address of my computer, and left everything else the same but the same thing happened where I didn't get any feedback
    Should I leave the port number the same as well?

Actions