Two problems came up after updating to M33.
Are you using USB or bluetooth?
I had all sortsa issues with characters vanishing over bluetooth, and it turned out to be a bad solder joint between espruino and RX pin on HC-05.
Are you using the latest IDE, or your own branch? And on an Espruino board? I found that v33 tends to lose characters when it's not sending characters all at once. If it sends them via a single call then it is fine.
I am using last version from github.
Connection is via USB and worked fine until updating to M33.
I uploaded a video youtube
By copy/past (to avoid echo(0)) sometimes it stops even with small portions of code.
If board is not recognized during connect, sending source code to Espruino Board is much slower, but it works without problems.
Tested some more and got no problems if Espruino.Serial.slowWrite is true.
It becomes true, if recognition of process.Env fails.
Ok, I'll try and look at it - and that's on Windows? It seems like MacOS may have similar problems.
On Linux it's the opposite - it works but then 'slow' writing seems to lose data occasionally.
So fed up really - it's like trying to hit a moving target. You get it working and then Chrome changes and it breaks. I should have just written a native app :(
Would it be a help to switch it on/off depending on OS ?
Or to have a optionspage to hardset this ?
Yes, I'll probably end up doing it by OS. I'll play around, it may be I can tweak the throttling code so that it always throttles - but to a greater or lesser extent depending on the board.
Can you try with the development version now please? I think that should fix it - just tried on MacOS and Windows.
Just tested actual version from github.
Same problem as before.
Argh. And what's your computer/OS?
So much for write once/run everywhere. That dev version runs for me just fine on MacOS, Windows 7 and Linux.
I guess I'll just add an option for it, and then people who are having problems can enable the throttling themselves.
My OS is windows 8 64 bit
I seem to be in a bigger issue since the last firmware upgrade. I connected the board initially on my Mac, got the new firmware message and then wrote the new firmware. Looked good, but then the connects failed with the strange 'yyyyyyy' writing to the console.
So I took the Google Pixel out, hoping it would connect correctly - but it does not. I then thought I could do a firmware upgrade from the Pixel which also seems to fail. Any idea?
It seems I messed up version 1v56 (literally just a few minutes ago) - I've now pulled it back though.
To recover from flashing the broken version, follow "I tried to reflash my Espruino Board, and now it won't work" under http://www.espruino.com/Troubleshooting
Ok, it's fixed now! Just follow the instructions above.
I still have problems with the connection between my windows 8 and Espruino.
It is still the same problem, as in the video (see answer #4 in this conversation).
Upgrading to actual WebIDE from Github and actual image did not help.
Another strange behaviour entered the world:
After changing setInterval in writeSerial (espruino_serial.js) from 60 to 100 it works now.
Ahh. Thanks. That's a strange one. It's sad that it takes so long...
Having the require inside a module isn't a problem at all...
By the way, the crash is probably because the final echo(1) didn't get executed. If you type:
[Ctrl-C] echo(1) [enter]
It would probably spring back to life.
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© Espruino, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem