Espruino IDE autocompletion

Posted on
  • Hi,

I just bought a Bangle.js 2 (love it). I am using the espruino.com/ide to fiddle with it.

In the code editor (right side), when I type, for example, Bangle. then press CTRL+SPACE, I get suggestions (accelRd, accelWr, buzz...) and method definition (parameters name and type).

But when I type g. then press CTRL+SPACE, I get nothing.
    I know I can type g. then press TAB on the left side to get the list of methods, but then I still need to figure out what are the parameters.
    It makes development very slow.

I am missing something ? Is it only me ? Is using g the right way to draw on the screen ?

Thanks

• Hi - that's a good point! I've just added it to the IDE - so if you go to https://www.espruino.com/ide/# and refresh the page you should get version v0.78.16 which will have a fix in.

Worth noting you won't get g for code completion until you're connected to the Bangle - since it's only at that point the IDE knows it's connected to a device with an LCD.

• Amazing, this works !

Thank you for the quick update.

Quick question, I want to run the watch with the bare minimum (just the espruino firmware)
    Basically I want a blank screen and nothing else.
    How can I do that ?
    "Factory Reset" deletes all code but then reinstalls the "watch OS" and the default apps.
    "Clean Run" is almost what I want but not quite since it doesn't erase anything and it sends me back to the watch OS when I reboot.

Maybe via espruino IDE ?

Thanks

• just write require("Storage").eraseAll() and everything will be gone - nothing at all will run at startup

• Thank you !

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino IDE autocompletion

Posted by Avatar for Spioune @Spioune

Actions