• it's better small, better with a LCD or can output somewhere e.g. thru a phone/tab.
    better you could use it for simple taks e.g. have some GPIO to control simple things, hack doors etc.
    better waterproof.

could i connect my bangle v2 's swd out into some bread boards and make it this way?

any similar topics discussed here before that i can learn?

ps: of course i'll also bring a 10" wintab AND a 5-6" android phone into the survival kit.
    thanks

ps, there are some non-waterproof microcontroller system like

looks like the espruino for esp32 port in this forum need to be polished to work on this thing, like the drivers.

just found it's <10 USD!

• The problem with ESP32 is regardless of the software on it, it's not very good at low power stuff - you basically have to turn it completely off and lose everything in RAM to get a decent battery life.

I'd suggest that actually https://www.espruino.com/Pixl.js is pretty good, and can run on a LiPo (with the screen on) for months. There's no case supplied but you can 3D print one.

could i connect my bangle v2 's swd out into some bread boards and make it this way?

There was some discussion a year or so ago, and while you can't connect directly, you can use a small microcontroller on a board to bit-bash the SWD protocol and communicate with Bangle.js over SWD - however really it needs its own battery.

... but honestly if you have a microcontroller+battery on a board you might as well just make it a Bluetooth microcontroller and then you can communicate with it wirelessly.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

If tomorrow is doom's day, end of the world; you pick an espruino system as part of a survival kit, what's your choice?

Posted by Avatar for ccchan @ccchan

Actions