• Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to plot the result of this waveform:

var w = new Waveform(10, {bits:16});
    w.on("finish", function(buf) {
    for (var i in buf)
    console.log(buf[i]);
    });
    w.startInput(A0,1000,{repeat:false});

directly to Excel or other program in order to plot a graph, without having to copy/paste the results, as it would be inconvenient to copy 1000 points of the waveform, for example.

Att, Thiago

• I'm afraid there isn't a nice way at the moment, no... By the way, that waveform will only be 10 items long (you need new Waveform(10, {bits:16});).

If you dumped the Waveform in one long row:

var w = new Waveform(10, {bits:16});
    w.on("finish", function(buf) {
      console.log(buf.join("\t"));
    });
    w.startInput(A0,1000,{repeat:false});

you might find it easier to copy? But then you just have to swap it around in Excel (although it looks like Excel might have a 'paste transposed' option)

• Yes, that's right. This waveform that I posted is only 10 items form, however, for the experimentation I am working on, I will reproduce this waveform with much more items. Thanks a lot for the tip Gordon, I'll try that!

Let me ask you another thing, can Espruino reproduce this graph? Because that could be another solution for me as well. Sorry if the question is too silly, but this is my first contact with Espruino.

• With the "testing" option in the WEB IDE you can print graphs over time. These can be recorded, too. The result are structured XML files. On youtube you find some videos about that (search for espruino and testing).

• Thanks a lot Spocki! I'll try to plot this graph with this option. And last thing, does anybody know what is the voltage range for measurement of analog inputs in ports with Analog to Digital converter?

• On Espruino boards it's just 0 to 3.3v.

• Thank you so much Gordon!!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Plotting Data from Espruino Web IDE to Excel in order to plot a graph

Posted by Avatar for user68392 @user68392

Actions