original & pico operating temperature

Posted on
  • Hi I have a data logging project that needs to be near Industrial: −40°C to 100°C but could get away with 0-70c operating temperature range. I can't find any quoted operating ranges for original or pico would love to use either.

Thanks

• Interesting question :)

I just checked and the STM32s themselves will handle -40°C to 105°C. The voltage regulator on the Pico will do up to 125°C, but the voltage regulator on the original board tops out at 85°C.

It looks like the resonator and the FET on the Pico are good for 125°C and 150°C respectively, so unless the passives have problems (which I doubt) I think the Pico is fine for Industrial temperature range.

• ...lets go for some cooking... ;-)... just not with my pans... and when, then don't scratch'em...

• @Gordon thanks going to go with the original board as a data logger with a SanDisk SDSDQXP-008G-X46 8 GB Extreme Pro as they have a near industrial spec.

• No problem - the voltage regulator will have problems at 85°C (and depending on power draw may get to a few degrees above ambient). Still, it'll do you for up to 70 degrees :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

original & pico operating temperature

Posted by Avatar for LawrenceGrif @LawrenceGrif

Actions