You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi Martin,

It's a good point - I've been producing a page on the board itself, and I'll make sure it contains that information. As a rough guide though:

• USB voltage is ideally 5v, but can go anywhere up to 16v.
    • There's a battery connector (JST PHR-2 type) that takes anywhere from 3.5v-16v, and which is marginally more efficient than USB because it uses a FET rather than a diode. This is inset from the edge of the board by 1mm or so, so it won't protrude much from the edge.
    • Both USB + battery connector have a 1A thermal (self-reset) fuse in series with them before they go to the board's VBAT pins - however it's easy to short out if you need more power.
    • The voltage regulator is a MIC5205, which provides up to 150mA 3.3v supply - so enough for most simple things, but not enough for anything heavy.
    • You can power the board directly from the VBAT pins on the 0.1" header, but there is absolutely no protection - especially reverse voltage.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any other questions...

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started