You are reading a single comment by @tom.gidden and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Alex: yeah, slight digression, but I've considered putting an NRF51822 on an Espruino too.

Thing is, the HM-10 Bluetooth Low Energy thing is a pig to deal with: it's all through undocumented (or rapidly shifting documents, at best) AT commands and can't do custom characteristics worth a damn. So, basically it's an iBeacon, and that's about it.

On the other hand, the NRF51822 is a lovely little chip, but needs to be programmed in C. Even a fairly simple thing is a chore to do. It also has I/O limitations that aren't surprising considering the size/cost.

So, I was thinking of using the Espruino as the master, and an NRF51822 flashed with a fairly simple program so it can act as a more-capable BLE dongle.

The project I'm toying with right now requires a board with a much smaller footprint than the Espruino, but I'd far prefer to be uploading .js files rather than .hex.

About

Avatar for tom.gidden @tom.gidden started