You are reading a single comment by @moka and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • My idea is to create a remotely controlled controllers. So the idea that espruino will only get binary data from wireless or through some other wired method from laptop, and will render it on led arrays.
    While visuals will be all product of software I'm writing. There are few ideas but generally it will be OpenGL (for prototype I'm using WebGL), that renders some 3D stuff, then I get pixel buffers, send them using WebSockets to node.js, and then from there I will have more ways to send to espruino board, as node.js has some cool low enough level of networking solutions. If will be able to get wireless working without big delays - that will be mind blowing.
    I got wireless module as I had backed it on kickstarter, where got 4 boards, 1 wifi and few others (RS, Bluetooth).
    Targeting to less than 30ms delay between renderer in software, and render on LEDs.

Then after this base is done, will look into Web Audio API in Chrome of FF, so I can extract frequency spectrum data, and them do some real-time rendering based on ranges of frequencies.
    I did software very similar thing previously in .Net and Blitz3D before that (long time ago though) using BASS (library) and FMOD.
    It's exciting project doing with my friend.

About