Need help with Error: VC31 WHO_AM_I failed (0)

Posted on
  • I recently saw following error when I am using Bangle.setHRMPower(1)

Prompt not detected - upload failed. Trying to recover... VC31
    WHO_AM_I failed (0)

I initially thought there is an error in my code and after trying some existing app on the app store and checking Bangle.js Data Streaming and the Heartrate monitor stream came to conclusion that my bangleJs2 isn't allowing me to use HRM anymore.

When I am trying to any app or code related to HRM, my bangle JS2 is heating up. Even using a simple code to print on emulator is giving the same error and heating up the device.

Bangle.setHRMPower(1);
      Bangle.on('HRM',function(hrm) {
        var d = [
          "H",
          hrm.bpm,
          hrm.confidence
          ];
        print(d.join(","));
      });

Never experienced this issue before. I am not sure if I missed anything.

• WHO_AM_I failed (0)

Is the hrm sensor/chip becoming sentient? 🤔

• WHO_AM_I is usually a register with a fixed value that helps you to identify that you are talking to the right chip on the bus. If this value is not read this is not good and usually means hardware problems

• When I am trying to any app or code related to HRM, my bangle JS2 is heating up

This doesn't sound good - can you locate where is the heat is coming from?

The first step I'd suggest is to ensure you run the battery totally flat (there's a menu option in Settings for this) and leave it for an hour, then recharge.

That should at least totally reset the heart rate sensor hardware, and it's possible it might fix the problem - but if not it may well be a hardware failure of some kind

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Need help with Error: VC31 WHO_AM_I failed (0)

Posted by Avatar for user155657 @user155657

Actions