You are reading a single comment by @Ganblejs and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Where did you start looking for answers? And do you think the wiki should have been linked from there?

Using web searches, which really only brought me to developer pages.

I do now see the start2 link on the cardboard insert, I had overlooked that. I avoid QR codes, and the much more prominent URL printed on the inside of the card led me down the developer path

There are hints about browsers as well as charging here: https://banglejs.com/start2

If only I'd seen start2 from the ... start. I ended up using Ungoogled Chromium, but I still find that the charge pins are very prone to disconnecting, it took way longer to charge than it should have because every time I tried to lay it down, it disconnected.

Do you think something about browsers should be added here?: https://www.espruino.com/Troubleshooting­+Bangle.js#i-can-t-connect-to-my-bangle-­js

No I think that's fine as it is, start2 would have solved my problems had I found it sooner , at least the very early ones like, how do I install stuff.

Yes, so on the watch from 'Settings'->'System'->'Clock' you choose your default clock from the ones you installed from the App Loader.

Thanks for that, managed to install a clock. Might have to customise it, but that can come later.

We can maybe add a FAQ point on the wiki regarding this. What do you think?

I think that new clocks might be the first things people want to install, or maybe that's just me.

I just checked the wiki and I didn't see this information on how to set an installed clock to be default, so it could be helpful yes, and the wiki is linked from start2 so that would be fine I think. Pretty sure I found the wiki organically at one point, but it still didn't show how to get the clock I installed to stay on.

On the App Loader you can click the 'Widgets' icon to get a list of all widgets, and then sort by 'Installed' or 'Favourited' to see the most popular ones: https://banglejs.com/apps/?c=widget

So choose among those and install them like any app. They should show up in the widget field on your watch.

Those are the standard Bangle.js widgets, but some clocks come with widgets on them that aren't widgets in the same sense, since they are coded into the app and are displayed in the app area.

And third, there're 'Clock Infos' that are a more general way to have widget-like functionality on the app area.

I think I get this now. Though, I seem to have a widget showing that isn't installed and I can't get rid of, but that's for another topic proably. Widget Editor app doesn't appear to let me hide or suppress it either, though it can edit its position (It's called "Weather *", and ideally I'd like rid of it as using Weather Clock makes it unnecessary, and it's too small to read anyway).

I know there have been thought and effort put into making info like this available to us with Bangles. It would be interesting to know if you have found your way to these pages/resources before and if you think some info in a resource should be linked from somewhere else? Or if you see some other problem?:

I think my initial reactions were a bit harsh and for that I apologise. The main problems I have are mostly of my own making it seems.

Missing the start2 URL on the pamphlet, not having a Chrome based browser installed anywhere (and not knowing I had to because of not seeing start2).

The clock apps and widgets, maybe could be explained a bit better, I still really don't understand how widgets work, and how I can chose which of the installed ones are visible -- if even I can.

And as for my eyesight? sigh

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started