Unknown DFU CRC after updating to V20 firmware

Posted on
  • After updating my Bangle JS 2 to 2v20 here what I read:

Your current firmware version is 2v20 and DFU is unknow (CRC 4225996075). Is it ok?

• Did you update just the firmware? Or did you update DFU as well?

If you did update DFU, maybe you could try re-updating it again just in case that helps?

• I'm seeing the same thing.

Updated the DFU first (through the app loader), and it ended up as unknown, CRC 2122305557.

After that I tried updating the firmware through the app loader, but that failed halfway and both firmware and DFU versions read unknown, even after a restart of the watch.

Updating manually worked fine though and I'm now on 2v20.5, but the DFU version is still unknown.

Trying to update the DFU again does nothing. The fwupdater starts on the watch but immediately exits back to the watch without doing anything.

• Trying to update the DFU again does nothing.

Yes, that's because it was already up to date.

What I think has happened is with recent changes the code's got more efficient and the bootloader can now fit in 6 pages of flash, not 7. Because of that, when you update it the 7th page doesn't get erased, and ends up left full of whatever was in the last page of your old bootloader and that messes up the CRC.

I've just updated the firmware updater (on the development version) and that should now test the first 6 pages first to see if they match 2v20.

But I should add that unless you're having problems with the bootloader, it's best not to touch it! The only real benefit of moving to 2v20 is that if you have an iPhone, low level DFU firmware updates should now work ok (but in most cases you should never need to do those as you'll use the app loader)

• Current firmware updater shows DFU 2v20 as expected.

• Thank you, Gordon! I want to confirm that I've received the information: "Your current firmware version is 2v20 and DFU is 2v20."

Apologies for the delayed response. I was offline over the weekend.

Thanks again for the clarification :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Unknown DFU CRC after updating to V20 firmware

Posted by Avatar for fparri @fparri

Actions