• Thanks for the reply. I will try your example. I'm not sure compression should make any difference.

I will try 1 bpp. Though I dont understand how 1bpp could accept different 3 bit colours.

(full white is #FFF full black is #000)

Yes I set to Green and Blue to ensure I could see the other colours whilst switching themes and check the code is working. This is temporary.

It is definitely possible to do this as the existing code / image works with different colours. Also widgps also does this, using grey, orange, green. I'm just trying to change the image to a fuller one that is easier to see.

i struggle sometimes with the transparency stuff as well with the convertor

Somtimes it seems to work without issue and other times it just seems to be a major session of trial and error.

• I will try 1 bpp. Though I dont understand how 1bpp could accept different 3 bit colours.

with the options i used it was made a white heart with black surrounding it. But in 1bpp pixel mode, those pixels can be replaced with the foreground and background color which you are using via setColor. but the heart will indeed contain only 1 solid color (based on the setcolor call).

Thats what seemed to be happening with me when i tested it.

About