You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I feel like this is a bit of a non-issue. Why does that have to match the maps app exactly? It's still showing the same distance, just with different units in some cases?

The problem is you'll change it for you for this one use-case in the US, but then for other locales they will have different rules - in fact there may be different rules for different countries on google maps too which we might have to emulate.

And if you change it globally, it'll probably annoy some people. I mean, if I'm walking and logging my walk, probably I'd rather see the distance I've walked in feet up to around a mile? If after 0.1 mile it suddenly just changed to say 0.1 and stayed there until it went to 0.2, it would be pretty useless IMO.

So if you really think it matters, maybe we should file an issue with Gadgetbridge to see if they can just push the distance as a String, rather than an number? There hasn't even been an official release yet so that might be a more sensible option?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started