• Wow, that's an odd problem - glad you got it working (kindof) though.

What type of computer and browser do both of you have?

I wonder whether again this could be MTU related - the IDE will try and use a higher MTU if it receives that much data, but perhaps there is some issue writing it. In the App Loader at least there's a setting (Bluetooth Compatibility mode) that allows you to not do that, and it'd be interesting to see if it solves the issue for you.

If so I could look at adding it to the IDE...

• What type of computer and browser do both of you have?

Chrome in Windows 10 or 11. But in my case I do a lot of stuff that might confuse Chrome, like running E.reboot() while connected, renaming device, reflashing FW over SWD and reconnecting, switching just softdevice version, ...

In normal usage it mostly works just fine. Disabling higher MTU is maybe too much. But maybe it could be indeed somehow related. What if they negotiate higher MTU and then Chrome would reconnect behind scenes without telling the web bluetooth part that MTU is lower now? But that is quite unlikely. Or could WebIDE cache MTU for next connection that would negotiate lower MTU? I guess not. I think I also have the "SEND ERROR: NotSupportedError: GATT operation failed for unknown reason." error in console in that case. Will check again when it happens next time (which is quite rare). I'll also try to paste less than 21 characters in such case to see if that works. And then try paste something over 20.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started