• is that binary from same source as used in original Q3 firmware?

Well, more or less - it was provided by SMA who make the watch so I assume they used the same firmware.

Are you saying that the Bangle 2 reported 10bpm different with both old (open source) and new (proprietary) firmwares? Maybe it is more of a timing issue.

And BTW the Q3 also shows blood pressure with VC31 sensor, do you have access to that binary too?

I do have that code as well, yes. The only issue there is it puts the sensor into a different mode (making IR + visible readings at the same (higher) rate) and the code to set that mode is something I'd have to sort out and test. I also don't have a blood pressure tester here so it's not something I'd have any confidence in testing - I never had much confidence in using PPG for blood pressure, but if it worked for you maybe there's hope :)

If someone wanted to have a go with it I'm happy to send over what I have though.

• Are you saying that the Bangle 2 reported 10bpm different with both old (open source) and new (proprietary) firmwares? Maybe it is more of a timing issue.

I tried only the new (binary) one now in cutting edge. And that one was 10BPM below what other 3 devices including Q3 showed. When sitting still. Maybe you can try with Q3 on the other hand too?

Maybe it is more of a timing issue.

You mean like feeding the algorithm with bad timing?

I never had much confidence in using PPG for blood pressure

Well, neither do I. As I understand it tries to match the shape to some pre-trained data set as explained e.g. in https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/23/8/4145­ so could be pretty bad based on the dataset used. I only know the B5 showed quite similar values to the one doctor gave me but as I have pretty normal blood pressure I could not test with too low or high one. And yesterday when I tried B5 and Q3 at the same time it gave almost exactly the same values. Could still be some fake average :-)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started