You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • so health should ignore any modification of hrmmar.

But surely the point is to modify the heart rate detected by patching the code by installing the hrmmar app ?

I dont see much point of installing an app that is meant to improve the heart rate detection only to find that it only works under experimental situations. The whole heart rate measurement thing is a bit confusing right now with different apps all tweaking things differently.

I tried out the app and logged to the console as you suggested whilst sat on the sofa. I had been up and down the stairs a few times so my heart rate was around 80bpm. All the time I could see confidence = 0 the corrected bpm recorded in the logging was around 95-110, wheras the original value was actually closer to what it was ( I also used an AmazFit bip on the same wrist to check it).. So not improved but made worse. I could understand it not working well if I was actaully moving about a lot but I think the app is basically not working. I have attached the log.

1 Attachment

About