You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Had a look at the PR and will test if you post a link to your personal loader.

I noticed that the key bit of code appears to be:

if (h.confidence > 80 && Math.abs(Bangle.getHealthStatus().bpm - h.bpm) < 1) Bangle.setHRMPower(0, "health");

IE turn off the HRM power if confidence is greater than 80 we are not getting heart rate values different to the recorded value.

I wonder if the same change needs to be put into the clockInfo module ?

The reason I say this is that I did not realise that the heart rate clock info will only update once when it is displayed for the first time. Only if you tap it, will it update. OR it will get updated periodically without inter-action if you have the health app installed as that will wake up and measure your heart rate more often.

The confidence threshold level in the clock_info is greater than 60 will stop measuring. So this would make the very first reading displayed by the clock_info less accurate than subsequent events generated by the health app waking up the hrm. I appreciate in practice nobody will notice or care. This is just me trying to understand how the heart rate stuff works.

Even with this PR though - its not tackling the HRT accuracy beyond resting heart rate. There is still the issue of the the heart rate slowing down on movement. I did try the Artifact Removal app but not sure if I could see it working or not. The guy that wrote that app is non contactable.

https://banglejs.com/apps/?id=hrmmar

I'd be interested to know if anyone has a description of how to show that the artifact removal app works or not.

About