You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ok, thanks for trying that - then it's certainly a bluetooth hardware issue.

There are two potential things it could be - one is that the bluetooth aerial is on the case itself, and there's a small metal contact on the PCB just up from the button that makes contact with it. If there was some corrosion on there then I guess repeatedly squeezing the watch in that area might help to clean it off and get it working correctly again.

But if not, it'll be a soldering problem on the microcontroller. It would be possible to take the LCD off, remove the PCB and heat it up to reflow the microcontroller chip, but it's very tricky, labour intensive and removing the screen would destroy the water resistance.

In that case, I don't think it's worthwhile unless you were very technically inclined and effectively regarded it as scrap otherwise.

I'm afraid I can't offer a free replacement as it's now over a year old, but if you'd like I can do a brand new Bangle.js for you half price?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started