You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, understood - it is a bit of a pain for sure with all the ifdefs there.

There's also the question of devices like Puck.js that end up duplicating the code to talk to accelerometers.

I'm open to suggestions, but the problem for me is I don't really have the time to completely refactor everything, and really the only thing that can happen for me if I do it is something breaks and someone complains - nobody notices if it works.

As you noted though, some of these things interact - either they're on the same I2C wires, have to run at different I2C speeds (Puck.js) or they need to be turned on an off via an IO expander (Bangle.js 1) - it feels quite hard to pull that functionality out in a way that will completely remove the ifdefs from jswrap_bangle.c

• hi, from you people s conservation, i see that even gordon would like to see more device could run the 4xx app in bangle store, yet its just currently some technical trick with the aformentioned xxx file that render non-official espruino port unable to use most app from the bangle store, correct?

i will buy a bangle.js v2 recently,
    but i think its better to have 2nd provider, in future.

so would like to see them later could also use bangle store s app too otherwise it limits to my own apps.

thanks.

• btw i am nothing a programmer compared to you guys,
    but if you think gpt4 could help draft it for you, pls let me know.

i am eager to make that happen, thx

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started