You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The Bangle.js Gadgetbridge icon on Android looks very different compared to other icons

Yes - sadly I am not a graphic designer, and getting the app sorted took priority over the icon - but if anyone is reading this and wants to contribute something better I'd be happy to include it ;)

I hope there's something off the shelf that has a solution similar to the Amazfit Cor, simple but pretty safe.

I did a quick google and all I saw was https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394096073676 which looks kind of similar. Do you have a link?

It'd be great to have a firmware(?) feature to turn on the backlight when a notification arrives.

In the Settings for the Messages app there is an option called Unlock Watch - if enabled this will light the screen up I think, but it does also unlock the screen too.

It'd be great to have some docs for "hardening". I guess if I turn off some options in BT I'm okay even if the underlying BT firmware has a vulnerability, but is it so? It'd be great to understand this better.

Yes, it's a good point. A page on this for Bangle.js would be good. If Bluetooth is off you're totally fine, or you can also turn 'Programmable' off in settings in which case even if someone did connect to the Bangle the worst they could do is send you notifications - they can't change the code that's on it or anything like that.

Freshly set up Gadgetbridge doesn't seem to show sleep stats, every now and then displays a toast about syntax error(?) in JSON but it's not clear where can I look at this error.

The syntax error toast could actually be because of some app that's installed on the Bangle that has a problem. You could connect with the Web IDE and then if if happens you should hopefully be able to see in the console what the full error message is (or you could look in the Gadgetbridge debug logs)

Hope that's some help!

• You could connect with the Web IDE and then if if happens you should hopefully be able to see in the console what the full error message is

Maybe you could add console output to https://banglejs.com/apps/ - the "More .." tab? that way it could be seen also in the web view version included inside gadgetbridge. And BTW that one is great and mostly works. There are issues with custom install dialogs (like firmware upgrade, watchface font selection) - buttons do not work, and sometimes GB is confused with the extra traffic done by app installation but otherwise it is quite usable - app updates without dialogs work quite well.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started