You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • So now the right way to handle the show for items that are always ready is to do nothing at all?

Yes.

Are we both drawing manually (also the non-ready ones) and redrawing once data is ready/changing?

Yes - things like pressure just draw -- first, and then update a bit later. I think that gives a nicer user experience

I see that the function menuShowItem is indeed triggering a redraw after calling the show, isn't it the same old story then?

I don't really understand... Items that are ready instantly should only draw once

Items that aren't will draw twice, but at least if you're scrolling through menus then they should update quickly.

• Thanks, I guess I'm starting to grasp it better!
    I think at this point a couple of other clkinfo would need an update then:

• the agenda should drop passed events as they are over
    • the weather should trigger an update once the old data is expired and when up to date data is available
    • I think the alarms are fine, since once one fires the screen is changing and going back to the clock would refresh anyway (does it always happen?)

Does it make sense?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started