You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ok, great! I think we're basically in agreement then..

So we'll split out:

• Messages library (keep pushMessage in the library)
    • Messages app
    • Messages widget

(I already split out the icons)

And maybe we'll have to think about how the messages app can be split up such that we can have override-able displays for messages/map/media.

I think that since this commit, we can split the library into a "module".

Yes, I think so...

• Android/iOS will depend on a messages library
    • messages library will depend on a messagesgui and maybe a messageswidget (we want a widget to be installed by default, even if it's not required)

"notify" type exists but from what I understand it's an "old" method for handling notifications, right?

Yes, unfortunately - although we should now at least make a proper notify for Bangle.js 2 that uses overlays

PERSONAL OPINION: I find that the management of saves, views, etc via "handled"/"noMessageApp" is confusing and in the long run difficult to manage, maintain and document correctly

Yes, I agree. It's just how to handle each of:

• save message, go to app
    • do something, save message, don't go to app
    • do something, don't save message, don't go to app

But maybe as @rigrig says we make the save explicit? I'm not sure I've got my head around how yet though.

But potentially with the new fast load functionality, we don't even have to save the messages before loading the messages app (and then we leave the messages app to save them when it exits).

... and if it can 'fast exit' and go to the clock, it wouldn't even need to save then either.

An idea: maybe simply not handle music in the messages app at all, and we can have a separate overlay app to show music?

Could do... The messages app (and notify icon) was an easy way to get to music though... I don't know if people use it, but it seemed convenient

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started