• That solution works quite well - nice one! I have been trying to imitate that remove-functionality to latest versions of Desktop Launcher and BW Clock but haven't got it working as smooth as you did with Anton Clock and Launcher. Two main problems I had so far is (1) having it work together with code that imports other modules (e.g. clock_info in this case), and (2) I get ram filling up slowly when switching between clock and launcher - as you anticipated 😅. I think the ram-issue is related to Desktop Launcher's app list but I'm not sure. There are also some other small quirks I will not detail now. I attached the app codes with my changes to this comment.

Thinking out loud: Could an alternative to manually merging apps be to use the require-function? So similarly to how clocks now can require clock_info they could also require the installed launcher which then is merged in with the clock app code while loading the clock from the app loader. I haven't read up on this or tested it yet.

2 Attachments

About

Avatar for Ganblejs @Ganblejs started