• Hi,

Well, the corrosion doesn't look great (I wonder what's underneath the metal shield that covers the GPS) but actually there doesn't seem to be much corrosion under the microcontroller and it seems like there's a good chance the corrosion under the crystals (the two small silver rectangles) is what was stopping it from working.

So yes, I'd soak it - maybe just hold it under a tap and give that whole area by the aerial a really good scrub with a toothbrush or something. The battery is held on with double-sided tape (and the vibration motor in the middle is held to the battery by tape) - but personally I wouldn't bother removing them - ideally the bit of the battery with the yellow tape on it wouldn't get wet, but the rest of it is basically sealed.

I'm afraid the display does look like to could be broken though, and it's not something I have any spares of. Did the color change back to be constant after it cooled? Or is that the way it looks now?

So... Now you're this far I'd give it a go and see if it works, but the display may not work properly all over after :(

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started