Lost settings

Posted on
  • I just came to an issue where the watch behaved strange. I was in panic mode and fixed everything manually because i wasn't at home and needed it. Just curious what i can do next time to assist debugging.
    What was the issue? All settings (system settings and settings of all(?) Apps) were lost, but the apps were still installed. A different watchface was shown. I was able to set everything up again. But this never happened before. I had the watch set aside a couple of days and did not notice. Firmware is 2v15.
    The only thing i remember that has been new is the new GB Version that came through the play store.

• What was the issue? All settings (system settings and settings of all(?) Apps) were lost, but the apps were still installed.

Were all your apps still installed, or just the basic ones (eg not Gadgetbridge)? And was the clock face the Anton clock?

If the Storage gets corrupted then Bangle.js will replace everything with the default 'factory' settings just to keep itself working, so that may be what happened here. It's very hard to be able to know why Storage would have got corrupted in the first place though - and in fact that check only happens at reboot, so Storage would have had to have got corrupted and the watch would have have to have got rebooted somehow

• All apps were still there and the watchface was set to lcars. Though Anton was still installed. I now uninstalled lcars. There were two unexpected reboots while trying to change the settings after everything looked odd.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Lost settings

Posted by Avatar for Hank @Hank

Actions