Member since Jun 2022 • Last active Nov 2022
  • 23 conversations
  • 128 comments

Author of ninety hank for Pebble.

Most recent activity

• started
    • 10 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Yes, exactly, it's usually quite easy. I guess maybe it would be possible to use the Github API to dig out who the authors were in an easy way? Or maybe there's a page I could just link to as I know GitHub lists icons for the top authors at the top of the directory list usually.

I know that GIT has this feature. But to see it in the app loader would be just much more convenient. And if I do a quick patch I don't want to appear as the maintainer.
    I'd be ok with an optional field in the json. That way a maintainer also can intentionally set an app as "free to take over" for any other user because he doesn't want to maintain it anymore.
    The patch approach is very interesting, but I also doubt the user would understand.

I just want to encourage developers to get in contact with each other before they just make a new fork to implement a small feature that could have been an option in the settings :)
    Making a fork is very easy - implementing a feature to other developers apps is more a communication thing some people might just want to skip.

• in Bangle.js

My intention was more the developer to developer perspective. Say, when I want to add a feature to an app, I maybe would like to ask the maintainer if adding it would fit in his global concept of the app. Otherwise I would just add a fork of the app and take control. That might also reduce the amount of forks. Many forks may confuse the user. E.g. we have multiple BT status widgets and in future multiple message apps maybe...

• in Bangle.js

Would it make sense to add a maintainer property to the metadata.json?
    That could be a foum user name or a clear name of the app/watchface main maintainer(s) or a value like "not set", "anonymous", "free to take over". If it's a user name, we could even link from the app loader to the forum.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for those suggestions.
    Implemented most of them here

Though, I am still not sure with the variables as I use some of them globally, so I use var instead of let. What's the best practice on that?
    (Sorry, I don't want to hijack this conversation for noob programming questions)

• in Bangle.js

You mean for hworldclock itself after the merge?

yes.

Actually works only once, it seems some more cleanup is needed

Bummer, I hoped it was easier. Could you guys help me to tidy up the watchface somehow?
    It might look as I'm a programmer, but most I do is copy&paste (like a senior programmer - but without the background knowledge :) )

• in Bangle.js

I was wondering why widbt_notify shows a blue background when it gets a reconnect. However, it does not when it gets disconnected. I am using hworldclock. Is that a widget or a watchface issue?
    Any ideas?

• in Bangle.js

So I added a bit in https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/p­ull/2276 but the IDE shows

Uncaught Clock has no widgets, can't fast load

Did I do something wrong?

Actions