Hank

Member since Jun 2022 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 33 conversations
  • 198 comments

Author of ninety hank for Pebble.

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

You could also try to reduce the font to the set of characters you really need to reduce the size. There is an open source app called Fontforge which allows you to modify fonts on a very detailed level.

• in Bangle.js

Intersting is that if I open the app properties in Android, it shows me at "app-details in Store" that the app was actually side loaded and not connected to the Play Store. The list of installed apps in the Android system settings shows only one Gadgetbridge app - this exact one...

Could be this one:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/com­ments/18lookd/side_loaded_app_updates_sh­owing_in_play_store/

Google Play users have started seeing updates to modified apps.

Many users like to use modifications to popular apps because they bring some additional functionality that improves their experience. And usually, when you install a modified version, the app doesn't appear in the list of available updates.

However, a few days ago, users started seeing mods in the list of available updates. This is because Google activated the server-side flag MyAppsV3__univision_manage_apps_and_devi­ce_page, which essentially slightly changes the spacing between items and the size of icons (as seen in the image). But it also has the side effect of displaying available updates for modified apps.

Trying to update a modified app via Google Play will naturally end in an error.

*this only applies to modifications that use the original package name

• in Bangle.js

So, I downloaded the Bangle JS Gadgetbridge from the F-droid website (i.e. 0.78.0) which works fine.
    Now, everytime I open up Google Play Store, it is rather unhappy and wants to install 0.76.1b which is older. Leaving the Beta programme or disabling automatic updates doesn't help. Any idea how I can make the Play Store ignore the sideloaded app?

• in Bangle.js

Oh, got it. Stupid Samsung. You can actually enable/disable notification categories per app in the android system settings.

• in Bangle.js

I got 0.78.0.
    The Samsung shows this

• in Bangle.js

So I got my new Android 14 phone with the latest Gadgetbridge from F-Droid.
    Gadgetbridge is showing a permanent notification "Bangle.js xxxx Connected: Battery xx%".
    Can I somehow disable this notification without diabling the low battery notification? On the old phone I am pretty sure I got this disabled in the notification settings of Android in the app settings. But with Android 14 I do not see any notification categories there.
    Any ideas?

• in Bangle.js

Trying not to nag, but a question that I got in mind since you started this thread: Why is it a clock?
    Why don't you make a game out of it using the gyro as a controller? Maybe something like FlappyBirds but just having the ship heading to the z-axis instead of a side scroller. The ship could rotate 360° then and try to avoid obstacles that may hit you.

Actions