• That sounds good!

What actions are required?

I'd go for:

• tick (not always available - see the code)
    • cross (not always available - see the code)
    • back (marks read) - use the back icon in top left for this (which also uses the physical button)
    • more options menu (mark unread, delete, etc)

What I'd considered was moving the menu icon over to the right-hand side of the title bar (so it doesn't conflict with the 'back' button in the top left) and then making it so tapping on that brought up the 'more options' menu?

Should these move to the main list of messages?

I think it might still be handy to have them there. I guess we could get rid of the 'back' menu item in the main list (using the built-in back option instead) and then add 'more options' as the last menu item in the list? I'm not sure if that's worth it though since clicking through to a message, doing 'options' and 'delete all' is still pretty easy.

I just realised I had a branch here where I got rid of the 'back' buttons and used the built-in functionality already - I was waiting until more people were on the 2v13 release, but I'll merge it in now

• back (marks read)

This is something that has confused me re: the current stock message notification app. I'm still not entirely clear on what the difference between "checkmark" and "X" is. I've noticed that about half the time, the checkmark opens the app on my phone.

For my personal needs, I essentially never want that to happen. The only two options that would be relevant to my workflow would be:

• mark as read on phone and watch
    • mark as read on watch only

I never want to use the watch to open the relevant app, my phone can already do that from the pulldown menu.

I also never want to exit a message dialog without marking it as read on the watch - having a backlog of notifications on my phone is already overwhelming enough, but having to navigate to the Messages app on my Bangle, then painstakingly delete ones I accidentally missed (or dismissed with the button rather than the screen) one by one is a chore. Essentially, my preferred functionality would be one and done - the only decision I have to make when faced with a message popup on my bangle should be whether or not to mark it as read on my phone. Then it's gone.

I assume that's something I could figure out how to implement on my own next time I have some real free time to sink my teeth into.

I'd also very much like for the buttons to be considerably larger - and stretch to the edges of the display - so that I can address those message popups without having to stop moving to aim for the buttons.

Another question, actually - is there a way to completely disable the Messages widget? At least the visible/clickable one so that I can still get popups when in apps other than the watchface. Like I said, I want to completely do away with watch-side unread notifications. Having app icons on my widget bar at all is something I see as a minor nuisance more than anything.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started