• Hello! And in advance sorry, my questions will probably have a lot of repeat with past posts that I missed.

First, thank you for the great project! This is the first smartwatch that I encountered after looking for an open source (and fully programmable!) one to replace the existing which ask and send everything about our life somewhere we did not ask for. Plus the way it is working seem really interesting, I hope I will be able to contribute even a little to it's content.

I discovered about the Banglejs at the start of the week, ordered it the day after and received it today with a lot of reading about how to use it in between. But it being really fresh for me, I did not find all the answers I looked for. Si here I am with my questions!

1. the Bangle init sequence
    From what I have gathered after playing it a little, clearing everything on the storage leave only the firmware starting, and this one give a default init screen with some infos and the bluetooth activated to allow communication with the web apps store/ide.

If the bootloader is installed, the Banglejs will run the content of .boot0 then .bootcde at every restart. And it is apparently just the files, event without the bootloader app installed everything work with just them. Not sure where is defined that the press of the button call for the launcher through, is it hard coded in the firmware? Or is it a behavior we can change? Same question for the other way, will pressing the button from the laucher always will look for a clock to run/relauch the .boot files

If that is the case, the minimum files required for a full working watch would be the 2 .boot files, a launch.app.js and at least a clock app if mandatory or if not a "main" app to replace it I guess.

Is the firmware open too? Can we look at it / participate in it's evolution?

I think that is already a good list, thank you in advance for your answers!

About