Kane

Member since Apr 2022 • Last active Dec 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 13 comments

Most recent activity

• 7 comments
  • in Bangle.js

A late update after already 2 month and the new firmware update.

I never saw the MEMORY_BUSY message since then, and for the connection same thing, it may have happened only once or twice for 12 ish connections.

I assume that 2v15 fixed a lot of what was happening from the start, that it did not reappear in 2v16, and that the main culprit for the connection is only windows and the bluetooth drivers.

Thanks for all your work! ❤

• in Bangle.js

I am running the firmware 2v15

I tried the github page version just now, it connected directly, I had an update for the calendar app, so I applied it, disconnected, then opened the IDE and tried to connect and just got the message "Connection Failed."

Because of the update the Bangle was on the "hold button to reload" screen, so I did it and retried connection. Same "Connection Failed." Result.

Then tried to disable/enable the bluetooth on the computer (Win 10 pro, up to date, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 integrated chip for wifi/bt 5.1), and it finally connected.

I will try again and update this post the next time the connection to github page/app store fail.

• in Bangle.js

Hello,

Most of the time just the short press is enough to bring back to work everything. I maybe have to do a full reboot one out of ten time if the bluetooth still does not respond after.

It shouldn't affect the stability of the Bangle at all

Even if it was displayed it does not affect anything into the Bangle, I can still open the settings or any applications without any issue and it disapear until the next time.

so it's a bit odd about your issues connecting...

I would love to help more, I admit my usage of the Bangle is more of a wall clock most of the time and I almost never switch from the clock itself, with that and the message I imagined both could be linked.

For the state of today:
    I did not touch it since my post 3 days ago, no MEMORY_BUSY message, I tried going to the espruino.github.io page to connect to the Bangle (from Chrome, up to date). It connect, the bluetooth widget become blue, and in the end the application fail at getting the app list.

I tried two more times to be sure then while writting this post I remembered that the main site for the application was directly on banglejs.com and tried connecting from there instead and that worked directly. Got back to the github page version and that worked well too. That make me a little more confused since both site are relatively the same if I recall?

But it seem that everything on the Bangle side seem to work well, maybe the fail at the app list collection was what made me think that.

• in Bangle.js

Hello,

Not sure if this post best fit here or on the github, but I noticed something lately.

I am not really somebody that use the watch for other things that the time and light up the screen when needed. And when I am at home I do not even wear it so it often stay week without being used much. On that not the battery lifespan is awesome, with my usage I often reach a full month without having to charge it!

Back to the problem, my default screen is running with the Anton Clock and the widgets lock, bluetooth and battery level (vertical). All up to date and in attachement.

I noticed that after a few days wihout use, if I try to connect to the watch to see if there are update available, it generaly fail to connect until I reload the screen on the Banglejs. often, but not all the time before I do that reload there is displayed at the bottom on the screen "memory busy", I would join a photo if that was currently the case but no "luck" this time, maybe in a few days if an update is asked.

My guess is that one of the 3 widgets or the clock is slowly eating memory while running, or just something in the firmware? I am not sure since I do not have the level of knowledge needed to understand the code of all of them. But maybe talking about it may point one of you in the direction?

• 8 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thanks Serj! It is interesting to know there is already something, even if it is not for public and for everybody.

I never used matrix @user140377, but that seem interesting, even more with the bridge!
    The use is different @johan_m_o, github is mostly for bug report, PR and features suggestion, this forum double theses uses and add static discussions, history and research while the instant part of one of the platform suggested is more volatile and for instant feedback.

If github is more of a documentation/knowledge base and the forum equivalent to a mailing list, IRC and associate is something similar to a club room where you talk about your current/next project, try to get feedback, testers for something still in progress, search a fix for a small function or just talk about your day. I see it as something a lot more casual globally. At least for me they all have the same goal, but not completly the same use

• in Bangle.js

Hello,

I was wondering if the Banglejs (or even all espruino) had a place, be it official or unofficial, on IRC, Discord, or other instant chat? To allow exchange with others in addition to this forum

• in Bangle.js

Sure no problems :)

Fork redone and PR sent o7

• in Bangle.js

Hello,

The application seem to work well, integrate with the App Loader, have a (simple) setting page that allow to active or deactivate it's effect. But I am not sure how to do the PR to submit it, since I added it as a submodule on my side, if I subit it in this state it only suggest to add it in the same way.

Should I delete everything and just add the files manually before submiting it or is that format ok too?

Actions