• Well, in some respects I think the Bangle.js 2 might be bit better:

• The button doesn't stick out so is less likely to get caught on clothing
    • The watch itself is smaller so again less likely to get smashed on stuff
    • There are less moving parts

However there is no surround on the screen glass so it will be more susceptible to scratches, but we do now sell a 'bumper' which helps with that: https://shop.espruino.com/banglejs2-coveĀ­r

I can't really comment on how tough the case is relative to other devices. It's not going to be as strong as watches with a metal body, but it's not bad. The watch strap isn't amazing, but if it breaks it's a 100% standard 20mm strap so costs just a few dollars to replace.

The IP rating is a shame, but it's because of the pressure sensor (which does have a membrane, it's just the membrane can't handle a lot of pressure). It's trivial to bung up the hole with some glue to make things a lot better though, it just makes the pressure sensor useless.

• Thanks Gordon, the use-case I'm thinking about is the watch not being handled with care (e.g. being chucked around). So was just wondering how much of a beating the screen / carcass could take before it would become compromised.

I wasn't aware of the cover so that would definitely help with regards to shock absorption! :)

About

Avatar for jamesh @jamesh started