You are reading a single comment by @GrandVizierOlaf and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think HRM device works poorly when low on battery.
    I've seen changes in the latest version of the run app, the notifications ! That's a nice idea. As often, it brings me ideas, to which I will add a few older things.

1. Could the notifications use the "HR alarm" app to setup a max high and max low value ? I had a discussion about that recently with the coder of this app. Runners should do 60 to 85% of their training in the hr zone "endurance"(slow). For me it means that I have quite a few runs in the month that are entirely in this zone. Therefore, including the app directly would make a lot of sense. The HR Alarm app allows for incremental changes of 5 by 5 bpm, it should be changed to 1 (longer to setup, but it doesn't need to be changed often so...)
    2. I still hope for a small readable text file that gives me my average HR on the watch when I stop the recording, as well as my average speed
    3. There is A-pace(now) and C-pace(so far), but for kms, there's only speed (A-speed), no C-speed. Besides being a fair addon, this could actually display an average speed at the end of the run (as in point 2). But to have less infos the watch, I anyway limited the number of boxes to 4, which leads me to the next point:
    4. I still think that having 2 screens that could be configured in the settings would be the perfect trade-off between readability and the number of informations. During the run it could be rotated by a swipe.
      Btw, I criticize a lot as, constructively as possible, but hey, big up to the bangle.js 2 ! Even with a few drawbacks, I now prefer running with it rather than with my Garmin forerunner 220, which is only dedicated to running but full of purposefully designed limitations. I don't tell how much proprietary software sucks, it's all clear to everyone. @Gordon, you defeated the opponent here and surpassed my expectations. Well done. And thanks to the community also !
  • @Fteacher, I am the one who added the notifications and it's really cool to hear that someone else likes them! I'm curious if you find them currently strong enough; after a few runs I'm finding that I miss some of the notifications.

I totally agree with the HR alarm idea, but have had issues with my watch reliably showing my HR at all, even when I am motionless. After I get that sorted I plan on adding that feature.

• Hi, today I tried to use and pay attention to the notifications. I used them for distance and basically, it didn't work. What happens is that I go into settings, set up the distance to 1km, then set a pattern for distance. Leave the app, back to the clock. Go back into the settings of the run app and the previous setup has disappeared: there's no pattern for the distance. And therefore, it didn't work during my run. Is it just me ?

About